* I am a wife and mom. I married a man who loves me and have been blessed with two great sons, both unique in their own way.
* I am a daughter. I have godly parents who raised me to walk with the Lord daily.
* I am a sister. I have two sisters and we have journeyed together more years than any of us want to admit.
* I am a friend. I am blessed with a few really good friends.
* I am a lawyer (don’t hold it against me). My work has been decidedly public policy in nature.
* I am a pro-family advocate. I have had the privilege to work with some amazing leaders for some eternally significant causes.
* I am a lymphoma survivor. I have been bald and found out that “big Texas hair” may be an art form but one I no longer require.
* I am a marathoner. After cancer I fulfilled a lifelong dream to run a marathon. I learned that there is no better analogy for parenting a child or living with a family member with a disability than a marathon.
* Most importantly, I am a daughter of the living God, who was and is and is to come. I am privileged to know Him and He is the sustaining grace of my life.
I am on a marathon journey, like you, to walk with God through the challenges and joys of disability. Join me on the journey.